Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spinach Salad Al-La Yumminess

I used to make this salad a lot, but through the course of time, this dish of sheer spinachy bliss was forgotten. Well, it is forgotten no longer. I will now re-introduce this favorite into our weekly menu. It is a great vegetarian dish, or could easily be spruced up with some diced grilled chicken. I've already had three bowls of this and fully expect to eat one more before bed. I just can't get enough of it!

Please note: This isn't really a recipe as much as it is a guide. Have fun with it!

Spinach, washed and chopped
Red Onion, use however much you want and cut them however you want
Craisins
Crumbled Bacon
Almonds...I like to candy mine by sauteing in a bit of EVOO, white sugar, and a splash of water
Feta Cheese, crumbled (YUM!)
Strawberries
Blueberries
Mandarin Oranges

Combine everything BUT the fruit. Put that on individual bowls so the salad doesn't get soggy.


You could definitely use poppyseed dressing for this, but I prefer THIS dressing. I just get about 1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinegar and squeeze the juice of a slice of orange into it. Definitely don't put the dressing on the big salad bowl. Do it individually so the spinach doesn't get soggy...because seriously, who wants to eat soggy spinach?




1 comment: